Steve Howie <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Nov 1995 10:44:33 -0500
On Thu, 23 Nov 1995, Eric Thomas wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Nov 1995 11:21:54 -0500 Steve Howie <[log in to unmask]> said:
>
> >Question: why is this mail getting forwarded to LISTMAIL.SUNET.SE ??
>
> Because you have 6 recipients in Scandinavia.

Ah, but we don't. They are all in Canada.

> >LISTSERV  will  receive  a message  back  from  [log in to unmask],
> >saying it is not allowed to use the X-FOR command.
>
> That's unrelated :-) Someone send a subscribe request or the like to your
> server, and it attempted to forward  it to a backbone server. What userid
> are you running this under, 'listserv' or something else?

LSVTEST, not LISTSERV. We are running Listerv in test mode alongside
Listproc (production) on the same machine. We have to do this due to the
way our mail system is set up - don't have any free machines for a
dedicated LISTSERV either.

Scotty
Steve Howie                             Email:  [log in to unmask]
NetNews and Gopher Admin.               Phone:  (519) 824-4120 x2556
Computing and Communications Svcs.      Fax:    (519) 763-6143
University of Guelph

If it's not Scottish its CRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP