Sylvie McGee <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 1 Oct 1995 15:25:05 -0700
Hi, folks, I tried this message last week and haven't heard anything
back. I know one other person is posting on the same topic. I hope that
you knowledgeable people can help out with this. Thanks for any help you
can offer!

-------------------included message begins----------------------------

Dear friends,

I've searched the back messages and followed recent discussion on mailers
that include re-sent from lines - and had some useful correspondence with
Gary Klass, and I've found a bunch of information on which mailers *don't*
work (like Eudora and apparently Pegasus), but not much on which *do*.

The Quaker-L list is configured to use a third pseudo-list as the editor
list, so that the administrators simply sign on and off that list and then
bounce incoming mail according to a schedule we've developed for
ourselves. We've found this has a number of advantages - not the least the
incoming queue back up that it provides when one of us (usually me ;( )
crashes and burns mid-shift. The use of the pseudo list also means that
several of us can be *on* and receiving and reviewing incoming mail at
the same time, which has its advantages when the discussion heats up a
bit and we want to easily cross-consult.

The use of the pseudo-list does mean that we cannot use the ok cookie
method. If we want to maintain our current use of the pseudo list, we do
need to use bounce functions/or forward functions, whatever...that add
separate resent-from lines...It is *also* important to us that messages
appear with their author in the sender notification of incoming mail to
subscribers rather than appearing as coming from the moderators...

So....this is a long way of getting at, which mailers suitable for use with
SLIP accounts connected to Windows environments will allow use of
bounce/redirect/forward command (whichever) with a resent-from line? Two
of our new moderators currently use Eudora as their mailer. Both are
willing, if need be, to download or purchase other software as a mailer
in order to gain the bounce capability....

If anyone has a mailer that allows them to bounce in this manner (not
pine or elm, which I understand cannot be loaded on at least one of our
administrator's accounts...) do please let us know...

We are *very* grateful for any help you can give us sorting this out....

Thanks,

Sylvie McGee
Co-Administrator - Quaker-L/Quaker-P
seattle wa