Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:26:07 -0700
Douglas, You're being cryptic and piecemeal about your list's
configuration and your exact needs. We now learn you are on an
intranet; what does that mean? I.e., does that mean that only
folks with access to your intranet have "public" access to your
list's archive? Does that mean that "one idiot" is inside your
intranet? Who is the "general public" as distinct from the
"public" NOTEBOOK of your list? How are they "filtered"?
Why can't you simply subscribe each of the "few thousand members
of the Judiciary" (yes, it's work validating their membership
and ADDing them to the list, but you seem to have very stringent
needs that might warrant such work)?

Give us the full deck when asking for advice, please.
Peter R.