Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 11:56:02 -0500
>Hi, a quick question
>
>I would like to know what the following response from listserv means...
>
>The name field for [log in to unmask] in the LISTNAME list has been
>updated.
>
>I am bulk importing email addresses (the subscribers have consented)  I
>have switched off the >>>ADDMOD2 mail template for this list.  Does this
>mean the subscriber will still get notified of a change in their name
>field by some other template that I cannot edit?  Or will they get
>nothing?
>
>Thanks
>Debs

It means that you added a mailing list address that was already subscribed
to the mailing list.  When you do an "ADD" for an already-existing
subscriber address, it updates the name field.

If this was a brand-new mailing list that didn't have any previous
subscribers, chances are that there are duplicates in the list of email
addresses you added.

-jwgh