Jean Bedard <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 May 2000 14:37:58 -0400
Hi,

There are some processes here that need to send repetitively a message, always the same, to some distribution lists (something like "The process XYZ has terminated successfully"). Since Listserv checks for duplicate messages, I used to have a bottom banner with the date and time (&ISODATE &TIME), so the messages may be considered different and bypass the check.

But with our current build (mid-december 1999), it doesn't work anywore: it seems Listserv checks for duplicate messages BEFORE adding the bottom banner. Am I right? Is there another way to do the same? Could the duplication check be optional?

Thanks in advance.
--

Jean Bedard
Listserv Manager, Universite Laval