Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 21:23:10 -0700
At 10:37 AM 2/20/97 EST, you wrote:
>It's not just AOL. There are more bombs! Looks at this one:

And, as many have noted, a lot of the "aol jerks" aren't.  They're just
folks who hate aol and want them to look bad by forging aol addresses.

>A request  for subscription to  the NMP-L  list (NACO Music  Project) has
>been received from John Doe <[log in to unmask]>.
>
>What can be done? --ralph p.

yeah, i'm grouchy tonite.  first, we can quit filling this list with
reports of every single spammer, spamsubber (subspammer??) (new term
coined??) that does nonsense like this to us.  A number of options have
been posted to the list.  I choose to simply use the delete key.  Idiots
will always be with us....and we'll always have a few who piss us off with
a new hack, a new irritation, no matter how good Eric and others make
software.  A few years ago it was the first spammers.  Back in the even
older days it was people who SET REPRO.  In the future it will be something
new.

I continue to hope that people will report spam to the SPAM-L list,not
here.  Especially all the even worse spate of "me toos".   In effect, these
are a virus...which infects US with posteritis.

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.