"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Sep 1994 10:26:00 EDT
>How do you make hidden a quiet list owners.  I thought you could do in a
>list header:

>* Owner= [log in to unmask] (name)
>* Owner= Hide: Quiet:
>* Owner= [log in to unmask] (noshow's name)

>and when a review was done, the "noshow" user would not be seen, and it
>would not recieve any mailing from the list as list owner either.  I wanted
>to use this for my multiple accounts, so I could issue commands from more
>than one machine, but didn't want mail going to all of them.

Treat "hide:" and "quiet:" as pseudo userids i.e., when specify
multiple userids on an OWNER= keyword, separate them by commas.  Thus

* Owner= Hide:,Quiet:
* Owner= [log in to unmask] (noshow's name)

or alternativly:

* Owner= Hide:,Quiet:,[log in to unmask] (noshow's name)

(BTW, though there may be reasons to "hide" your userid, it was not
obvious from your above scenario -- i.e., QUIET: may be sufficient.)

Disclaimer: I have not used HIDE: and QUIET: at the same time.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask] "No joyriders on the Info Super Hiway!"+1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA