Richard Childers <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Jul 1992 07:23:22 PDT
"     The below is not unusual, but I still haven't figured out what
 site(s) is(are) gatewaying my Russia list to the bit.listserv.russia
 newsgroup, but I'd like to hunt them down because they're doing it
 without my permission and very much against my wishes (i.e., I don't
 want the Russia list gatewayed to *any* Usenet newsgroup, not even
 the rather funky bit.listserv.* hierarchy)."

Clearly, there are people whom want to participate in the LISTSERV
services, but lack connectivity, lack resources, lack private mail,
or are concerned that someone is trying to map topics to specific
individuals, for nefarious reasons.

Insofar as 'permission', it seems to me you are a moderator, not an
owner. The information is free.

-- richard