Chamier James <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 16:58:17 +0100
>Bob Zenhausern [SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
>
>Setting the list reply-to list, ignore is not a good policy.  Sometimes you
>want the option of sending a query to the list which would only be of
>interest
>to the person and just a spam for the rest of the list.  From a philosophical
>point of view, I despise the idea of using the limiting "ignore" option
>because
>a mailer is not configured intelligently.  The most flexible option is to
>change the mailer option.
>
>Bob Zenhausern, Ph.D.        [log in to unmask]
>Psychology Department        St. John's University New York
>Phone:   718-990-6447        Fax:     718-990-6705

My list (FRIENDS) was set in this way, and a large proportion of my
members use Netscape Mail. They are non technical so don't realise that
they shouldn't enter their addresses into the "my address", and "reply
to" fields. Therefore all the headers include reply to fields although
they want replies to go to the list. It was decided that this list
should ignore reply to's and people could alter the address themselves
when they clicked reply.

James
__
James Chamier - Friends List Administrator, VB Programmer, IT consultant
NT, Win95, 3.x, Networks, Novell, Exchange, Internet, MCSE trainee
<[log in to unmask]>  - http://www.chamier.demon.co.uk