Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Michael McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:37:14 -0700
text/plain (22 lines)
Eric,

Thank you for clarifying this issue for me.

My ISP had also suggested copying Date to Resent-Date on a per-post basis.  Unfortunately, I have no control over the From and Date headers on a per-email basis.  Eudora Pro 3 generates the Resent-From pursuant to an added "Extra Header=Resent-From: my_editor_address@domain" entry in its INI file.  I may try mapping Date to Resent-Date to see what results, though I suspect it looks for a string.  Looking back, my former ISP, which did preserve the original Date, may have been swimming upstream, and I'd simply not noticed.

If I feel the need to record the date of submission, I'll simply add a "Submitted: YY.MM.DD" line to the text.  Nine of ten posts require editing on this list owing to frequent accidental disclosure of information by subscribers that could be injurious to themselves.  (They are patients on a health care list whose affliction affects their memory and cognitive ability and no amount of rule-making will create safe posting habits.)

I guess I'm just old-fashioned, but I like this email client as it strips all HTML, allowing only limited Rich Text, providing a small additional level of personal security against nasty scripts.  We have the list configured as well to strip attachments and HTML.  If we didn't, subscribers would likely attempt posting home movie MPEGs.

Michael McNeil

At 05:12 AM 8/22/01 +0200, Eric wrote:
>... Sometimes the correction has unwanted side effects, sometimes it is not what was intended ...
>
>I tend to agree with the ISP that Resent-From should always be accompanied by Resent-Date and Resent-To.
>
>The simplest solution is probably for Eudora to generate a Resent-Date field with the same value as Date, if this is possible.
>
>The most reliable method for approving posts is "Send= Editor,Hold" (which uses OK). This will probably become the default in 1.8e because the old method does not work with "modern" mail messages (eg with stationery), at least not unless you have a separate mail account for moderation and you know that everything in that account is a message awaiting approval. The advantage of the old method is that it is easier to edit messages than with the OK method.

ATOM RSS1 RSS2