Wed, 19 Aug 1998 23:22:15 -0500
On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, rex wrote:
> I use Subject-Tag= RARS to facilitate user's filtering. Unfortunately,
> LISTSERV puts 6 spaces after the Subject:, so the subject line looks
> like: Subject:      [RARS]. In searching the archives, I see this issue

I have not seen LISTSERV do that, should be
     Subject: [RARS] original-subject-line

I have seen it, though, in replies which come for approval from someone
who is using the subject header option.  I've never paid enough attention
to note which systems seem to do that and which don't.  I think it is
the person's mail system, not LISTSERV.  It's always looked to me like
someone used a "tab."           Douglas