John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:45:40 -0400
> On behalf of my alumni association, I use a service, WHATHELPS.COM which
> hosts three lists for us for a nominal monthly amount using listserv 1.8e.
> (A wonderful deal if you don't have the software and don't want to bother
> with all the maintenance and you don't have university accounts with major
> hardware and bandwith .... )
>
> We average about 10 msgs a day on our list and are getting the following
> error about once a day and cannot figure out why.  the email address is
> valid. Any ideas?

This is a Daily Monitoring report which is generated once per day at
midnight. A list message bounced for <[log in to unmask]>
1 time. The first error was on 7/19 and because there was no second error,
the date is the same for the last error. So this is telling you that
address had one bounce on 7/19 and has not done so since. Depending on the
Delay(##) in the Auto-Delete= setting for your list (which sets the
monitoring period in days), this report will soon no longer be sent as
long as John (or anyone else) doesn't bounce any more messages.

As far as the reason for the bounce, it seems the mailer had a temporary
problem handling mail for a good address, which is unfortunately not that
unusual.