Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 15:27:37 -0400
At 15:02 8/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
|On  4 Aug 97 at 14:36, David Mayerlen wrote:
|
|> I'm looking for easy, secure bulk appends to my
|> subscriber list.
|
|QUIET ADD listname DD=X IMPORT PW=your_password
|//X DD *
|user1@address1
|user2@address2
|userN@addressN
|/*
|
|You can put the user's full name after each address if you want.

Though users won't be notified of their ADDition to the list because of
QUIET, you might consider if you WANT them to be notified instead of
waiting for bounces from your distributions.  Also, depending on the exact
nature of the list, getting a "YOU HAVE BEEN SUBSCRIBED" vs. an actual
distribution, sent to the user might result in a "please don't send me UCE"