"Stephens, Larry V" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:35:54 -0500
Here's the message I received about the gateway. I was contacted by them (as
the writer mentions) and they did cancel it. Hope this helps.

-----------------

* forwarded me a copy of the problems you're having with
your Listserv list being mirrored by American.Edu.

For what it's worth, I am having the EXACT same problems.  I found
a different mirror, cancelled the American.edu stuff on my end.  But
then American.edu can back to life and is causing problems with
duplicate posts.

Here is a message I got some time back
You can also try Herschel Browne, AU's Director, Network Software
(ultimately responsible for AU Listserv but also for lots of other
software), at <[log in to unmask]>.

If you really think you've hit a brick wall, you might also try Greg Wel
Director of AU's Academic Computing Services, at <[log in to unmask]>.
Although he's not really a Listserv person, in my experience he's been
someone who will do anything within his power to assist those who ask
nicely for his help.

Herschal     (202) 885-2239
Carl Whitman (202) 885-2279

Unfortunatelly, I have had absolutely ZERO luck in getting in touch
with anyone there, despite trying to call long distance a couple of
times per month since *May*.   I've even resorted to trying to find
someone who lives in the D.C. area on my group go there in person,
but thus far have not found anyone willing to do it.

        * * * * * UPDATE * * * *

After writing the above, I decided to try calling again.  I actually
got through and talked to Herschal Browne.  He was a really nice guy
and appologized profusely for not keeping up with it.  He cancelled
the mirroring for both my groups and yours.

He said he would send you an email message notifying you that it was
cancelled for WoodWorking-L on my say-so.