Phillip Sollins <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Jun 1993 13:35:17 PST
 Ben -- Stomping within your list may not accomplish much this time.  At
 issue, as I understand it, is limiting free access to the NSF backbone to
 researchers with demonstrated need for high-volume data transfer (e.g. global
 climate modelers).  All others would have to start paying.  There was a
 recent set of articles on this in either Science (or possibly in a New York
 Times article in a tuesday Science section).  I can't find copies of these -
 maybe some other readers can give you citations.  At any rate, it's being
 discussed seriously and will in all likelihood happen. -- Phil Sollins
 (OTS-L)