Jessica Rasku <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 10:43:43 -0700
On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Nathan Brindle wrote:

> I don't understand the problem you are trying to solve.  If the problem
> is that the poster's address doesn't show up for some people who use
> weird mail clients, we provide the DUALhdr option for them.  Otherwise
> I simply don't see why it's necessary or desirable to put the poster's
> name and address in the bottom banner.

        Personaly, I'm not ``trying'' to do anything.  I was really asking
would it at all be reasonable to make it possible to allow that sort of
substitution?  I know it's not avalable now, but is it something
reasonable?  The ``we have DUALhdr'' doesn't nescesarily address what some
people may want to do.  Say I have a list and want to place a ``fancy
from'' line at the top of the message.  I'd think this would be a feature
that would be used.  My question is, would it be reasonable to modify the
source so that this would be possible?  I KNOW that if I wanted to do
this, and had server access, I could CERTIANLY do it through listserv, but
not ``natively''.

                                                        Jessica

--
Jessica Rasku, Box 270, Rossland, B.C., V0G 1Y0, (250) 362-5701,
LinuxBox: (250) 362-9668.

List manager: [log in to unmask]
     send command help ---- To get help with majordomo
               or lists ---- To get a list of all lists on server.