Jan A Bergeron VMD <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:46:33 -0500
At 11:18 AM 3/31/2003 -0500, Lanny Pierce wrote:
>I....put together a procedure for "fixing" the problem.  I sent THAT
>out....After that was ignored for a couple of days I set the problem-AOL
>subscribers to 'nomail' and told them to get back to me when they had a
>resolution....Not saying that is the fix, just what I did.

My solution is even easier.  As soon as mail to an AOL subscriber starts to
bounce, I set them to NOMAIL.  Eventually they write to me and ask why they
aren't getting list mail.  I tell them they were set to NOMAIL because
messages to them were bouncing, it is their responsibility to correct the
problem, and to let me know when they have it fixed.  I have essentially no
tolerance for AOL subscribers.

Since my list is private, I have seriously considered not allowing AOL and
Hotmail subscribers on the list.  That would solve 99% of the problems.

Jan A Bergeron, VMD
[log in to unmask]     Phone: 732-671-7856
Owner CAVM List    Fax: 732-671-8432
http://CAVM.Net   Cell: 732-513-7072
3 Quail Drive * Middletown, NJ 07748