"Williams, Patrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:08:40 -0600
Thanks, Douglas and Richard.

BTW, sorry I neglected to put a subject line in my post.

Pat Williams

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Winship [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Tuesday, November 27, 2001 10:01 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: your mail

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Williams, Patrick wrote:
> learned that it's easy to free by issuing the "free listname" command.
But
> if I suspect it's on hold and want to find out, how can I do that without
> sending a test message, which I'd rather not do?

You can always simply send FREE. If the list isn't held you'll get a reply
saying so, if it is held it will be freed.  Conversly, if you want the
list placed on HOLD, send that command and if the list is already held
you will get a note to that effect, if it isn't the list will be placed
on HOLD.

Either way, just send the command you want to be affective.  Why waste
time asking for a status report when a command will generate a report and
set the list the way you want it, if it isn't set that way already?

Douglas