Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Dec 1993 12:21:36 -0600
> >If you send the request by mail, the response is by mail.  I almost never
> >send any commands interactively because I find mail much more convenient.
>
>         This has not been my experience.  I frequently send database
> searches to listserv@umdd, always by e-mail.  The results are ALWAYS sent
> to me as files, not e-mail messages.  Thus, many thanks to Peter Weiss for

Now that you mention it, I do have a vague memory of being highly annoyed
one time because I sent such a request to listserv@node and got a message
back saying the file was being sent as netdata.  When I say I send all
commands by mail (and get mail responses), I don't mean that I send them
as bitnet mail.  I send them internet.  I don't think I've ever gotten a
file back when I've done that, even though I feared that things like that
might start happening once we registered our bitnet-internet connection.
(It was that kind of worry that made me glad we resisted registering for
a long time.  I don't want my bitnet address being used for anything.)
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])