Chris Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 20:46:12 -0700
I'm a newbie to LISTSERV, having just installed it and gotten a couple
of lists up and running.  I'm running LISTSERV Classic 1.8c on
Windows/NT 4.0 using LSMTP-Lite.

Some questions:

1. I've installed the web archive interface.  The machine which runs the
list is behind our firewall.  How can I give access to some of the web
archives to people outside of the firewall, while keeping this machine
behind it?  Usually, we copy html pages up to the external web server,
but I don't think that we can do that and still keep the wa.exe
functionality.  Am I missing something obvious?

2. I've set "Confidential= Yes" for 3 out of 4 lists I've created.  One,
however, I would like to be available when a LISTS is done.  However,
when I set "Confidential= No" on that list, a LISTS command still didn't
show anything.  Any ideas?

3. How do I set up a gateway to a usenet nntp server (we're using INN)?
We have several private newsgroups that we host, and I would like to
gateway the traffic from one of my lists into that newsgroup, and
vice-versa.  This would not be propogated beyond our machines.  I see
mention of packages at american.edu, but that seems to be more on the
line of using their gateways to get into propogated newsgroups.  Am I
missing something?

4. Is there any stats software that people have developed to read the
log files?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

--
Chris Anderson