Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 14:10:09 -0700
At 01:11 AM 11/18/98 -0600, Winship wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Dan Lester wrote:
>>
>> Not to worry....the natives are really pretty friendly here, at least most
>> of the time....
>
>Whadda ya mean, "most of the time," Dan?  We're always friendly, just
>somtimes, as you say, abrupt.  Doesn't mean we won't spend hours figuring
>out a problem for a fellow listowner with a problem.

Oh, agree.....just that some thinner skinned folk (which makes you wonder
how they're surviving in this business) might take abrupt to be rude or
unfriendly.  And I guess there are thinner skinned ones....partly because
some listowners are about as far from techie as it is possible to be.  And
that's fine.  Just different.  I deal with bunches of librarians and
library support staff daily, and they're just the same.....  o-)

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
[log in to unmask]   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/