Mon, 5 Feb 1996 08:34:14 -0600
On  5 Feb 96 at 9:20, Nathan Brindle wrote:

> [...]
> No, you're absolutely on target.  A Kleenex(r) is a Kleenex(r), but
> a mailing list is not a LISTSERV(tm).  Nor is a LISTSERV(tm) server
> a LISTSERV(tm).  We'd much rather that people used accurate terminology
> because at base, it causes us fewer headaches.  If you tell someone
> to send mail to the list, it makes much more sense and causes much
> less confusion than if you tell them to send mail to the "listserv".
> (Because they're still confused.  "Do I send it to LISTSERV or to
> the listserv?")

Argh!  This is one of my peeves too.  :)  A related peeve is when a
site sets up it's email software alias with the name listserv (such
as [log in to unmask]) when in fact it is run by majordomo, listproc
or some other software other than Listserv.

Namaste'

Kimberly Long

Life is really about a spiritual unfolding that is personal and enchanting --
an unfolding that no science or philosophy or religion has yet fully clarified.
                                              ~James Redfield         )O(