Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 19:30:43 -0600
I sent the following to IAF.  We'll see what happens.

Over on SPAM-L, someone posted a response from IAF stating that "the list
of names is public because any subscriber can get it" or words to that
effect.  Hooey!  The list is available to BONAFIDE SUBSCRIBERS!  Not some
John Smith who subscribes, CONCEALs and NOMAILs ...

Peter

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 18:48:09 -0600 (CST)
From: Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: REMOVE!

Remove any address matching the following: plaws@*.uark.edu.  Also remove
[log in to unmask] (FYI - many of the addresses that you have for me are
corrupt or years out of date).

In a few days, I will be sending you a list of some 400 names to be
removed.  This list was taken by your [log in to unmask]  This was done by
subscribing to SCAN-L, setting options to CONCEAL and NOMAIL, and then
REVIEWing the list.  In SCAN-L's case, this was done despite the fact that
the list's rules *specifically* prohibit commercial use of said list.

Peter Laws
Angry Owner of SCAN-L