Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Apr 1992 14:14:14 PDT
On Wed, 8 Apr 1992 20:19:38 GMT, Rotan <HANRAH88@IRLEARN> wrote:
>Hi again. Major oops this time. Butterfingers (me) just sent a blank LIST
>file to listserv and wiped out my list.
>
>Does listserv/listearn keep a backup copy of the LIST files? (Our system
>presumably has backups but a few new members won't be on the list).

A few lines from "LISTOWNR MEMO":

GET       listname <(options>    <F=fformat> <PW=list_password>
                     NOLock
!                    OLD
!                    GLobal
!
! The OLD option indicates that you want to retrieve the "backup" copy of
! the list. Whenever a list is stored by means of a PUT command, a backup
! copy is kept in case  you inadvertently stored incorrect information in
! the list. For example, you might  have stored the list from peer server
! A into peer  server B and vice-versa. No password  is required when the
! OLD option is specified, but you must  still be an owner of the current
! ("new") list.