Rich Helmke <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 May 2004 11:53:49 -0500
> Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > See
> > <http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/owner/appendb.html#Loopcheck>,
> > but pay particular attention to the warnings. This has the potential
> > to create some serious problems.
>

> I saw that, but none of the options looks like it turns off *only* the
> checking for a simple "Sender:", "From:"  or "Reply-To:"  fields in the
> body of a message.
>
> I don't want to turn off Loopchecking entirely.
>

> This is a common problem, isn't it?

I looked at this problem last winter and came to the same conclusion.  Some
of my "remote" subscribers are using certain mailing systems that populate
the From: or Reply-To: fields with the full list and server addresses which
causes grief for the "loopcheck" and apparently the LOOPCHECK= 'all or
nothing' feature does not allow this level of detail.  I must admit I was
disappointed.

-Rich
--
Richard A. Helmke                Internet: [log in to unmask]
Assoc Prof, Computer Science               [log in to unmask]

"You will be assimilated. Your biological and technological distinctiveness
will be added to our own. Resistance is futile."  -The Microsoft EULA