"Braman, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:52:13 -0700
I'm currently evaluating a copy of ListServ, and would like to estimate the
labor involved in being a postmaster. Your swift help would be invaluable.

We would begin in 1998 with four lists of no more than 900 subscribers each.
My best guess is that we would have a total of 20 lists by the end of 1999,
and roughly 60 by the end of 2000. Those lists would range widely, from just
a few subcribers to several hundred -- probably most in the several-dozen
range.

I figure that each list owner can absorb the tasks as part of his/her
routine workload, but that a new position of "postmaster" might be required
to manage the software (list creation, archiving, etc.). With those figures,
how many hours *per week* would be needed for postmaster duties in 1998,
1999, and 2000?

In advance, thanks (a quick response would be especially appreciated). --
tom

Tom Braman, net analyst
King County web team
Tel: 689-4662; Pager: 626-4043