Tue, 31 May 1994 12:35:12 -0700
At 12:58 PM 5/31/94 -0500, Winship wrote:
>One thing you could do, if you can, is to get a special account to
>receive the submitted postings.  Give all the editors the password
>and then whoever is on duty logs in and deals with whatever is there.
>That way you won't have to keep changing the header.  But be sure
>your editors are people you can trust.

That's not a bad idea, but I might have trouble getting extra acounts on
the local VM system (especially since it's supposed to go south soon). It
did spark the idea, though, of setting up a human-readable (and editable?)
lock file of sorts on my own workstation. I can give each editor an account
on my own machine and set up some sort of system where people "claim" a
note. (Unix permits unlimited multiple logins at a time, something I
*really* like, except for rare situations like this.)

Perhaps I can even write something to handle things automatically....

I'll let y'all know whatever I figure out in the end.

>        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
>                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner

b&

--
[log in to unmask], Arizona State University School of Music
 net.proselytizing (write for info): Protect your privacy; oppose Clipper.