Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 14:00:34 +0200
Is a LISTSERV party being organized in Stockholm? I was supposed to be in
the US for the  party, but due to various *beep* at my  other job this is
not going to be possible. I've known this  for a few days, but I had sort
of assumed that there would never be enough people in Stockholm to set up
a party.  I mean, sure,  I could always  go to the  KTH k}r and  say "Hej
allihopa, vi p} L-Soft bjuder p} 2  stora starka i kv{ll, ja det st{mmer,
du f}r 2st |l HELT KOSTNADSFRITT bara du kommer till partyn, okej, nu vem
{r intresserad, f|rst  till kvarn..." and get 300 volunteers  in about as
many  milliseconds, but  it  wouldn't  be a  LISTSERV  party :-)  Anyway,
someone just  suggested in private that  I might be wrong,  so let's find
out :-)

L-Soft would pay for the party, however L-Soft does not have an office in
SE and  I *really*  don't think  there will be  enough people  to justify
renting a  party hall, not to  mention 48h in advance.  So, someone would
have to  provide a suitable  party room (I guess  there would be  a dozen
people  or so,  but  we'll see),  preferably with  both  Internet and  SL
connectivity :-) Alternatively we could just go to a pub, things ought to
be DEAD quiet  seeing as it will be  payday minus 1 :-), so  we should be
able  to go  just about  anywhere.  There wouldn't  be any  connectivity,
though. On  the other hand, the  advantage of the  pub is that it  can be
organized at  the last minute,  plus I don't have  a car and  wouldn't be
able to make any kind of decent razzia at Systemet.

  Eric