Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 14:19:40 -0400
"Fletes, Raul" wrote:

> A   network   wide   spamming   alert    has   just   been   received   from
> [log in to unmask]      concerning     messages      posted     by
> [log in to unmask]  to  multiple LISTSERV  lists.  For  the next  48

I got that too, along with four others so far today.  But I am a
Listserv site admin.  If you are a site admin, I think that is why
you get those, not because you're a list owner.  I suspect they
all go to all site admins whether or not the person is on any of
your lists, whether or not they have sent to any of your lists....

I filter them into a folder and throw them out after a while.  I
presume the idea is that if walterb sends me an indignant letter
asking why his postings are not being posted, I'll have a clue as
to the reason.  (Not that that happens much....)

Margaret King
Michigan State University