Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:59:06 -0500
On: Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 08:41:55AM -0500,Joanne Gibbons Wrote:

} I'm new as a list owner and have several questions:
} 1.  Is there a way to determine the average number of daily postings to a
} list?

Not sure here.  You can see how big the archives get.

} 2.  Is there a reason I keep getting error messages from subscribers to
} MSN.com?

Because MSN has a lousy ISP and a tech staff that doesn't know what they
are doing.

} 3.  If I set a subscriber to NOPOST or REVIEW, will they receive a message
} that they are being reviewed or not posted?

If you do SET ....., they will get a notification.
If you do QUIET SET ....., they will not get a notification.

I am not sure if there is one for NOPOST, but the default mailtpl has a
notification if a subscriber on REVIEW submits a post.  This can be
overridden or suppressed in your list mailtpl.  To suppress it, add the
following to your list's mailtpl (or create one if you don't already
have one):

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com     +1 770-321-6507