Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:57:06 -0500
There is a Developer's Guide document, but I think you are making the
problem more complex than it needs to be.  All you really need is just
to produce the message you want to send, from your asp or something, and
drop it into an SMTP client that will deliver it as an ordinary email
addressed to your announcement list.  I suspect one or another of your
web development group members is already very familiar with this
process.

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/13/03 02:49PM >>>
We are evaluating the use of LISTSERV as an announce-only mailing list
to notify interested users when parts of our website are updated. We
would like to make this as automated as possible.

I have just about mastered the basics of creating and administering a
list (at least I think I have). Stress the word "basics". Am now
wondering if there is any support built into LISTSERV that would allow
the web development group to automatically create a message from an .asp
page or something, and send it to the list without someone having to sit
down each time, compose a message and manually send it to the list.

If someone could point me to a section of the documentation or a
downloadable white paper that describes how to do this, I would very
much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Paul Noble, Network Engineer
Cuyahoga County Information Service Center