Sat, 13 May 2006 20:23:43 -0500
I don't know a "pre-approved" items, all the ones I work with require
my approval.  The following method works for both types of approval
items, the "ok" type and the "forward" type.

This method works for unix/linux Pine and may for others, but I don't know.
Save the item to a folder, e.g. edit.  Exit Pine.  Open the edit file as a
text file, using a text editor.  Do not touch the first line for each item,
it's got hidden info and has to remain as is so the item will still be
mail.  Beyond that, you can edit anything you please, including the eamil
header (sometimes I an a Reply-To: field, for example). Once you get used
to being careful not to touch the first line of each item you can put any
number of items into the one "edit" file.  When you are through editing,
exit, saving changes, then open the file with Pine.  The items are now
ready to bounce/resend to the list.  Oh, be sure you edit out all the
"approval" stuff that LISTSERV put in.  I do 20 - 60 items per day this
way.

Douglas Winship    [log in to unmask]