Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:14:13 -0500
On Dec 21, 2006, at 12:05 PM, Cindy wrote:

> Heh.  Fair enough.  Why not just point out any student who
> unsubscribes gets an automatic F in the class?
>
> That should work nicely.
>
> And of course there's no guarantee they'll read the posts, either
> way :-)

I agree. That's what some instructors here do. The typical philosophy
is that its the student's job to make sure they receive and READ all
communications involving their courses. Even so, an easy way to
prevent changes to a list is to simply have the instructor lock the
list after the subscriptions are finalized.