Brad Shapiro <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:17:01 -0500
The side effect is ok. It's a closed subscription list.

Thanks for the quick response!

Brad

Brad Shapiro
Manager, Information Systems
NY1 News
+1.212.465.0297
http://ny1.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu Feb 15 16:04:50 2001
Subject: Re: How Do I...

>Forgive me if this has been asked a bunch of times but I can't seem to see
>what I'm looking for in the list owners documentation.
>
>I'm trying to setup a list that will allow anybody who has a specific
domain
>in their email (say "someinternetaddress.com") to send a message to the
list
>without having a moderator or editor approve the post and I want to deny
>anyone else the ability to send to that list. (And, being greedy, I don't
>want to even see that someone from outside has attempted to send to my
>list!)
>
>Can I do this? How?!

There are a couple of ways to do this.  If you have

Local= someinternetaddress.com,*.someinternetaddress.com
Service= Local
Send= Service

that would do what you want but would have the side-effect of only
allowing addresses within the someinternetaddress.com domain to
subscribe.

Alternatively you could do something like:

Filter= Also,*@*
Filter= Allow,*@someinternetaddress.com,*@*.someinternetaddress.com

Thanks,
--