John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:58:02 -0500
> great. Recently we have been trying to install a virtual server so
> that subscribers will not see the actual server name when they get
> postings. Ever since we added a new IP (so that it can be assigned to
> a Virtual server), LISTSERV has not been working. The Web interface
> seems to be working alright (list management, administration
> functions, etc) but what we are interested in is to post messages
> through email. Every time a subscriber posts a message, it bounces
> back with an error message similar to the one pasted at the end of
> this mail.
>
> However, through the www, you can add subscriber to a list and a
> notification mail will be send to a subscriber but he will get an
> error message if he tries to reply or post to the list (as said
> above).
>
> One of the things we have been thinking is that maybe LISTSERV does
> not know how to work with multiple IPs (i.e. virtual servers). We have
> checked everything we could think of and we are sure that other than
> LISTSERV itself, every configuration in our server is correct. Please
> advice us on what we are doing wrong or what we should do.

I'm not real good at this but it seems you are running LSMTP on
134.231.4.52 (CFSEGB2)   and      134.231.4.29 (fsegb8)
Sending to [log in to unmask] yeilds the "Relay"
problem. Sending to [log in to unmask]  gets through fine to
Listserv with a responce from

So this may just be a simple relay control problem in LSMTP. Set both IPs
as "Relay Mailers" in Relay control and check the Replay domains as well as
Local aliases to be sure all listserv aliases are listed.