Nick Laflamme <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Jun 1994 15:17:58 EST
On Thu, 30 Jun 1994 15:45:27 EDT Jennifer Chandler said:
>In reference to Danny's subscriber's problem with truncated digests:  I
>sometimes preview my mail by using readerlist on our CMS system.  I have
>occasionally noticed that long mail items are truncated in readerlist but
>when I actually open the mail, the same item that was truncated is
>available in its entirety.  I've just chalked it up to sunspots or comet
>dust, i.e., I have no explanation for why, but offer this as another
>possibility for what may be happening.

Warning: the following applies to VM/CMS only:

RDRLIST normally invokes PEEK to look at files.  PEEK by default only looks
at the first 200 card deck records, which might or might not correspond to
200 lines of the incoming file.  You can change this behavior, Jennifer,
with

DEFAULTS SET PEEK FOR *

The "FOR *" says you always want it all unless you specify otherwise.

Just a thought,
Nick

* Intelligence demands reasons, not rules.