"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Oct 1994 09:46:00 EDT
As far as I am aware, there is no LISTSERV one-line command to
change addresses.

There are various non-1-line commands, but then you need to
do things with Xedit, or some sort of PIPES.

Too bad those sysadmins could not make use of various DNS facilities
to provide a transition e.g., MX or perhaps CNAME.

Maybe you could have an _ad hoc_ ROADMAP exercise of having users
identify who their sysadmins are and expressing their appreciation
for all that they do (or don't do, as the case may be).  Of course
any flames could back-fire.

Likewise, you could enumerate the roles of the various positions
involved in e-mail delivery:

   postmaster
   hostmaster
   listserv-manager
   list-owner
   network-operator
   help-desk
   LAN administrator
   sender
   receiver
   director

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask] "Spam-lite, is it Kosher?"   s/me      +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA