George Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:55:10 -0500
I requested a few lists to be renamed a few months ago.  Since then I've had several problems (reported here earlier), but something has come up now that has me worried.

In assisting the research association served by these lists, I've noticed our main message list, ASSC-L, is behaving as expected like a list set for SEND=EDITOR,HOLD,CONFIRM, which is where I last left it.

However, when I retrieve the list it says SEND=PUBLIC.  The same now goes for several other lists I had previously set for SEND=EDITOR,HOLD,CONFIRM.

Of course I am very concerned about how this happened, and how I might trace it down.  However I am very confused about the behavior of the lists since they don't match the configuration.

I've appended a copy of the current configuration below.  The only thing that will have changed is to correct the SEND setting.

George
Owner, ASSC-*@LISTSERV.UH.EDU

=========

* ASSC Member Communications
*
* Confidential= Yes                Review= Private
* Subscription= By_owner           Send= Private
* Validate= Yes,Confirm            Files= Yes
* Notify= Yes                      Ack= Yes
* Default-Options= REVIEW,ACK      Stats= Normal
* Reply-to= None,Respect Language= NOHTML
* Auto-delete= No Attachments= No
* Notebook=Yes,/listserv/private-notebook,Monthly,Private
* Change-Log= Yes
*
* Owner= (ASSC-EDITORS)
* Owner= Quiet: