Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 11:22:58 -0500
On 12/4/2006 09:18, Russ Hunt wrote:
> Thanks, Pete.
>
> What the line says currently is
>
>  Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto
>
> I don't _think_ it's multiple subscription addresses. Yesterday
> I manually deleted the three addresses -- the error messages
> keep coming, of course, and it occurred to me this morning to
> wonder why the system had allowed the number of errors to get as
> high as 170 for the addresses. And spoofed mail from the list
> doesn't seem likely to me, either: I guess I don't understand
> why it could have got to 170 non-delivery errors (coinciding
> with postings to the list -- that is, the error messages are
> only generated when someone posts to the list).

Correlation does not prove causation, but if the number and timing of the error
messages does, in fact, correspond to the number and timing of list postings, I
would be inclined to suspect that there is a subscriber address which is auto-
forwarding to the address that is generating the delivery errors.

Change the Auto-Delete setting to No. This will cause LISTSERV to forward the
individual delivery error messages to you. If the delivery error messages
include the full headers from the original message, you should be able to
identify the domain, if not the specific address, to which the message was
sent.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team