Shap Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:16:28 -0500
Is there a formatting directive to left-justify text?

All I can find in the manual (and archive search) is .ce to center and .fo
off to turn formatting off entirely. .fo on yields fully-justified text.

.fo on often makes ugly messages, particularly in monospaced fonts, as it
inserts extra spaces between words to fully-justify the message.

What I'd like is a .le to let listserv assemble the lines into 76-column
pieces and write them out without adding any inter-word/sentence spacing.

Thanks, and apolgies in advance if this is something simple that I'm too
slow to find.

Shap Wolf
Arizona State University
AAPORNET listowner