"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Aug 1994 09:17:00 EDT
Another item of interest when doing DELs: if someone is subscribed under
their INTERNET equivalenced address, you can DEL them using either their
BITNET or INTERNET address, with or without wild-cards.  If they
subscribed under their BITNET address (even though they have an Internet
equivalence), then you can NOT DEL them via the Internet address.

E.g., if I were subscribed to lstsrv-l under pmw1@psuadmin and ERIC had
had enough of me, and issued the command

      quiet del lstown-l [log in to unmask]

he would fail (even though oas.psu.edu=psuadmin), BUT if I were
subscribed under [log in to unmask] and he had issued

      quiet del lstown-l [log in to unmask]
or
      quiet del lstown-l pmw1@psuadmin

he would have succeeded.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask] "No joyriders on the Info Super Hiway!"+1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA