"A. Ralph Papakhian" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 May 1992 22:52:59 EST
On Wed, 13 May 1992 14:59:52 PDT Richard Childers said:
>...................... One of these rules states that anything that is
>found between a '<' and a '>' is sacrosanct, not to be rewritten. How-
>-ever, given the nature of parsing mechanisms, a missing '<' or '>'
>can blow that whole scheme ... and this appears to be what happened.
>The mail administrator of the system needs to re-edit their configur-
>-ation file for their mailer ...

But in the bounced mail I forwarded to lstown-l, there did not
seem to be any missing angle brackets.  Each left angle bracket
is "balanced" by a right angle bracket.  It is also curious to me
that after managing a few lists for 4 years or so, I have seen
this error message occur only a handful of times, and only with list
mail addressed to someone at the internet node "loc.gov" --that is
the Library of Congress, by the way.

Which mail system configuration file needs attention?

Cordially,
A. Ralph Papakhian, Music Library (Co-Listowner for MLA-L@IUBVM)
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
(812) 855-2970  [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]