Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 12 Feb 1994 22:12:36 -0500
I have many files stored on a Listserv for public retrieval.  I'd like to
invite someone who has created an important info resource file to store
and regularly update that file on my system.  However, I'd rather not make
that person an outright list-owner for my list.

Is there a way to give PUT authority to a non-list-owner individual for a
specific file?  Or rather, to give such authority to that individual *and*
all the list-owners?  The only kinds of PUT authority I'm familiar with
are ALL, PRV and OWN.  I'm hoping there's some way to create a new
authority variable, such as JOE = OWN,[log in to unmask] and I could then set the PUT
authority for that special file to JOE.

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]