Michael Quinion <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:13:02 +0100
A problem has arisen which it seems impossible to trace, but I'm hoping
somebody on the list has some ideas.

Over the past few days a couple of dozen World Wide Words subscribers have
reported that they have not received copies of the weekly newsletter for
the past two weeks. I haven't had any bounce reports, they are still on
the list, their e-mail accounts are working fine, and they swear they are
not on any system that censors or bounces mail (this was my first thought,
since newsletters often contain language that nannying corporate systems
take exception to); the LISTSERV manager says he has not experienced any
problem with the other lists hosted on the site. There is no commonality
between destinations, which are on servers in several different countries.

Solving a problem that can only be expressed in negatives seems not to be
possible. But I'm hoping that somebody might have an idea!

--
Michael Quinion
Editor, World Wide Words