Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 14:22:28 CST
Over the weekend, the admins of one of the computer systems that a
large number of our students use on campus (40,000 plus accounts) changed
the name of the computer from
   tam2000.tamu.edu
   unix.tamu.edu

Is there an easy way to:

1) globally change the addresses of the subscribers from one name to
   another on all listserv lists everywhere in the world?  on just our
   servers?

2) (as postmaster) globally change the address of any email address in
   a list header (Owner field, Editor, etc.) on all lists everywhere
   in the world?  on just our servers?

I suspect that neither of these are possible, so if not, consider this
a request for a feature to be added in the future.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                        (409) 845-8300 (work)
http://helper.tamu.edu/STAFF/cbarnes/