Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:39:03 -0400
On: Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 03:55:39PM -0500,Lacy, Feather A Wrote:

} Ok, I am lost. What does the ***GUI*** do? Or, where should I read about it?

Here is a bit from the "Advanced Topics For Listserv" manual which can
be found on the Lsoft web site:

6.4.5.1 QUERY
To QUERY subscriber options from an application you should use:
QUERY ***GUI*** listname [FOR e-mail-address]
The response will look like the following:

***HDR*** e-mail-address
***NAME*** firstname lastname
***OPT*** option1
***OPT*** option2
***OPT*** optionN
***SUBDATE*** date
***TOPICS*** subscriber-topics
***TOPLIST*** list-topics
***HDR*** e-mail-address (next subscriber)
etc.
N matching entries found.
Where:
• The "***HDR***" line denotes the beginning of the subscription
settings for a
particular subscriber (recall that the QUERY command could yield
information for
multiple subscriptions) and identifies the e-mail address of the
subscription.
• The "***NAME***" line provides the full name stored for that
subscriber.
• The "***OPT***" lines each show one option set for the
subscription. The first option
would always be MAIL or NOMAIL. All the other options are only those
options that
are NOT the default options in LISTSERV (as opposed to the default
options set for
the particular list -- these do not apply here).
• The "***SUBDATE***" line contains the subscription date.
• The "***TOPICS***" line lists the topics which are selected for
this subscription.
• The "***TOPLIST***" line lists all the topics that are available
for the list, regardless
of whether this particular subscription has them selected, except for
"ALL" and
"OTHER".
• These lines are repeated for each matching entry found.
• The last line gives a count of matching entries found.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67