James Morrill <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Apr 2018 10:30:13 -0500
Here at Kansas State, our staff of 5 supports ~2400 lists. We have a list
called staff-l that we are all subscribed to and then have:

    Owner= (staff-l)

in the header of each list.  That makes all 5 of us owners of each list
and when our staff changes we only have to change the subscribers of the
staff-l list.  I'm doing the same thing on some of our groups who have a
lot of lists so they can manage this easier themselves.

You could do something similar, which would make it a lot easier to fix
the next time. :-)

On Mon, 9 Apr 2018, Brent Hetland wrote:

> Hi,
>

> An owner of many lists (100+) is retiring. I need to add her successor to
> ListServ as the owner of all of her lists.
>

> Iˇ€™d obviously like to do it all at once rather than add the new person to
> each list through the web UI.
>

> Q. Is there a way to add a single user as an owner, to multiple lists all at
> one time?
>

> Or
>

> Q. Could I just update the LISTSERV sql server database record for the person
> who is retiring and change the NAME and EMAIL fields to the person who is
> taking her place? Iˇ€™d be shocked if that would work, but had to askˇ€ü
>

> Or
>

> Q. Can I just run a SQL INSERT statement to add the new user to the database,
> and use the values from the fields of the current ownerˇ€™s record?
>

> Iˇ€™ve looked at the values stored in the database, Iˇ€™ve searched for the
> answer to this but didnˇ€™t find anythingˇ€ü
>

> Thanks,
>
> Brent

   James Morrill     office: T417 Unger Complex    phone: 785-532-4909

   The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation
   that disregards the external rules of order and right, which heaven
   itself has ordained.   --   President George Washington