"Crum, Janice (NIH/CIT) [C]" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Mar 2018 12:57:00 +0000
Thank you Michael.  I know it was a long shot but my thought was that ListServ would recognize the sender as Owner and that would take precedence but thinking over it now, I know you are correct.

Janice

-----Original Message-----

From: Michael Shannon [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2018 7:34 AM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: Question on SPAM detection and whitelisting

Janice

> At this time, the Send settings on the list allow subscribers, Owners

> and Editors to send without confirmation.

> The Owner has added the sending address as a subscriber to the many

> lists.  Would it help to add the sending address as an Owner of the

> lists or is our only alternative to whitelist the address if the Owner

> is not amenable to my suggested solutions?

No, neither of these will work.  In this case the anti-spam behaviour is triggered due to duplicate text that LISTSERV spots by comparing text strings at the top of the message body.  Management of email addresses is a completely separate mechanism and has no effect in the situation.

Your list Owner only has two options, which you've already offered them:

  1. Make the first lines of text functionally unique for each message.

  2. Use super/sub-lists.

The latter option is the only officially supported method for posting the same message to multiple LISTSERV lists.

--

  Michael Shannon

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]

or click the following link: