Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Nov 2018 18:27:02 -0700
On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 23:01:39 +0000, "Parker, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>We have encountered a problem with a listserv we cannot delete. The web interface shows the listserv and it is still sending out probes. There is no config in the web interface for that listserv and when we try to delete it through the web interface we receive an error ?The ---- list could not be deleted. Please check the status of the list and the listserv log files for the cause of the problem and try again.?

This is most likely caused by a mis-application of the List-Address=
keyword.  Send the LISTS command to LISTSERV (from an email address with
LISTSERV Postmaster privileges) to get a lists of all lists on your server.
then get a directory listing of the ~\LISTSERV\MAIN directory of all *.LIST
files.  In nearly all cases the LISTSNAME (from the LISTS listing) will
match the FILENAME.LIST file listing.  But one file will be a mis-match.

Note the FILENAME, then search for that name as the LISTNAME.  This should
succeed in finding the 'phantom' list.  Remove the List-Address= setting,
save the list, then you can delete it under its true LISTNAME.