F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 21 Jun 2014 13:24:25 +0000
Thankyou,
*why* that eluded me is a mystery, but I tried that (well) after my note only to discover another problem.  This one I sent to support, suspect a problem with go.user ...  however the new version is up and running and a lot of problems we had started having with 1.8d are gone.
Appreciate the help I have received from the list.
--joe

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of k p <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2014 9:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: manually assigning a password

You can find password command documentation here:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/htmlhelp/site%20managers/LSCommands.html#2337358

and site maintainer command documentation here:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/htmlhelp/site%20managers/LSCommands.html#2337220

So what you want to do is:

for [log in to unmask] PW ADD newpassword

You were really close, it doesn't begin with SET.

On 6/21/2014 5:17 AM, F J Kelley wrote:
> I *know* I have done this, but cannot recall the correct syntax and
> cannot find it in the docs
>
> We have moved to R16 (!!), but there have been problems with passwords.
> One I have discovered is with the DISTRIBUTE account.
>
> the syntax is something like
>
> set for <distribute-account> pw add <password>
>
> but that is not right and not sure what is at this hour.
>
> --Joe

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link: